Thursday, May 1, 2008

The Power of Wind

Last week was the start of storm season for us. We had Thunderstorm warnings, high wind warnings, and yes you guessed it Tornado Warnings!! I know it might sound crazy, but because we know what to do when we have bad storms like this, I am not overly afraid of them. Actually it is very interesting to watch them build and move. But last Thursday I was SCARED!! The kids and I got home from town, and there was 2 storms that were about to merge. One from the south east and one from the west. So we watched it move closer, and I happened to look out the north window, and clouds were going every direction possible. The wind was horrid, probably blowing 50 or 60 mph. Then came the hail, more wind, rain, more wind..yeah you got the idea. Then all the sudden. The wind stopped, and if you know anything about storms, if the wind stops, you better be for getting to somewhere safe...SOOOOOOOO the kids and I went to the bath tub, and sat for about 15 minutes. Scared yet...Well this is the first time I have been that scared, and I never thought I would say that. Clay was down south, and with the hail down there, golf ball size, he wasn't able to get home, and I do believe that is the reason why I got a little nervous. So needless to say after we came out of the bath tub, and looked outside this is what we saw, NOT A PRETTY SITE!!! Trash all over the place, the swing set turned upside down, and our poor trampoline out in the south 40, mangled. The kids and I were crushed, it was a sad sad site. I would guess that we had straight line winds up to 80mph when that all happened. But we were safe, there was no tornado, and no hail damage here. SO we wait to see what the next storm hold for us. This week believe it or not we are suppose to have snow tomorrow!!

0 comments: