Saturday, January 12, 2008

New Years Eve Continued

The Monarch Ski Area has a New Years celebration each year with a Torch Light Parade down the slope, followed by Fireworks. We went and watched, thankfully weather and roads were a heck of alot better this time. Watched the torch light, and the fireworks and went home to eat dinner, and relax and wait for the New Year. Of course none of us made it to Midnight, but it was still a good day!



Blurry but the Torch Light Parade
On New Years Day, we had a relaxing day. Dad and Clay and the kids went to town to print some picture and mom and I stayed home. We were going to get the turkey in the oven and get some things done for dinner. Well I came down with the stomach flu, and wasn't much help. I was able to eat a little bit of turkey, but didn't enjoy it as much as I wanted to. I just laid around all day. Wednesday we headed home. We were suppost to stop in Denver to have Christmas with my Grandma, and Aunt and Uncle and Grandpa, but since I was sick we decided it would be best if we just went home, and not spread the germs. We made it home around 4 that afternoon, and boy was it good to be home. Nothing like sleeping in your own bed.

0 comments: